Center for Post Graduate Legal Studies
The Centre for Post Graduate Legal Studies (CPGLS) is established under the School of Law, Forensic Justice & Policy Studies to offer a specialised Post graduate degree programme in Law and allaied areas. It is established to provide students with quality teaching and research opportunities and thereby creating an intellectually stimulating academic environment. The centre with Experienced and dedicated faculty members is committed to provide an excellent and world-class post graduate research based education. The centre offers Post Graduate Law programme leading to LLM at Gadhinagar and Delhi Campus in its first year.
- LLM in Cyber Law and Cyber Crime Investigation (Gandhinagar Campus)
- LLM in Criminal Law and Criminal Justice Administration (Delhi Campus)
LLM in Cyber Law and Cyber Crime Investigation: Introduction
This programme covers all the cutting-edge topics under cyber laws and forensics. Graduates will be able to comprehend and function in the fields of internet-enabled online businesses, trade and analyze the consequences of online social interactions and behavior. Graduates of this programme will play roles in policy-making, law enforcement, and the advancement of business and social policies that harness information technology capabilities in general and the Internet in particular, with a foundation in international and Indian law relating to cyber law and forensics. The program focuses emerging cyber crimes and examine how new technologies and their implementations are intertwined with the existing laws, policy trends, and realistic applications of foreign and Indian cyber laws and forensics. This Course will cover interdisciplinary subjects like cyber space technology, social issues, commerce and cyber space, digital forensic etc.
- To study emerging legal, policy and regulatory issues pertaining to cyberspace and cybercrimes.
- To examine the privacy issues in realm of cyber technologies and cyber regulation.
- To identify the emerging Cyber laws, Cybercrime & Cyber security trends and jurisprudence impacting cyberspace in today’s scenario.
- To enable the participants appreciate, evaluate and interpret the case laws with reference to the IT Act and other Laws associated with the cyberspace.
- To provide vivid knowledge about different types of Digital Forensics such as Mobile Device Forensics, Network Forensics, Cloud based Forensics etc.
LLM in Criminal Law and Criminal Justice Administration: Introduction
The one year LLM course in Criminal Law and Criminal Justice will focus on Principles of Criminal Law, Theories of Crime and Punishment, Forensic Evidence, Financial Crimes, Transnational Crimes and Criminal Justice Administration, including Research Methodology.Recent developments in the field of science and technology have demonstrated that solid grounding in forensic jurisprudence is need of the time for defense lawyers and Criminal Justice Functionaries. Therefore, the programme is framed in such a manner that it will be give deep insight about various aspects of forensic science.
Knowledge gained during the course will equip the students with the skills required for formulating the Legislative and Administrative Guidelines, Rules, Regulationsand other related legal documents for the prevention and control of crime. The teaching based on the curricula will gain benefit of the expertise of NFSU offering opportunity to students to combine breadth (that is, exposure to a wide range of forensic methods) with depth (the opportunity to conduct original, independent research in a narrower area of interest). The programme curriculum offers flexible, practical and application based pedagogy to develop expertise and skills.
- To develop critical understating about the Principles of Criminal Law, ForensicEvidence and its importance for forensic justice
- To strengthen the research capabilities and develop critical eye for practical understanding of criminal law and Criminal Justice System
- To offer deeper insightsto the students about various roles and responsibilities of Criminal Justice System inprevention and control of crime.
- To provide the practical exposure to the students about the various practical aspects of Criminal law and Criminal Justice system.
1 Year (2 Semesters)
A candidate should have successfully passed, three years LL.B. programme after graduation or five years Integrated Law Degree Programme as recognized by the Bar Council of India with minimum 50% marks in aggregate. Those who have appeared in aforementioned exam and the result is awaited can apply for this programme. However, admission will be subject to the fulfillment of eligibility criteria at the time of admission.
Rs. 50,000/- Per Semester
Number of Seats
20 seats for LLM in Cyber Law and Cyber Crime Investigation (Gandhinagar Campus)
20 seats for LLM in Criminal Law and Criminal Justice Administration (Delhi Campus)
Admission Process for LL.M. (One Year) is on the basis of PG CLAT, 21 AIR Rank. After offering admission to PG CLAT takers, If seats remain; opportunity may be given to Non CLAT students conducting All India entrance exam. On the basis of the merit of the All India Entrance exam remaining seats will be filled.